LED stands for light emitting diode. These diodes are small in size and are used many times to emit light. It is used for a variety of purposes such as lamp lighting, light bulbs, digital clocks, remote controls, electronic products, plant and flower cultivation, etc. The small size of these bulbs makes them easy to fit into electronic circuits. It is a long-life and highly efficient light source. Ideal for personal and commercial needs. At home, these lights can be used to grow plants. LED plant lights accelerate the growth of plants in your home. In areas where sunlight is scarce, these lights can help grow indoor plants as they aid the photosynthetic process. They have a wide range of applications, such as automotive lighting, bicycle lighting, billboard lighting, display lighting, household lighting, flash lights, railway signals, LED night lights, Christmas lights, strip lights, taillights, decorative lighting, automotive lighting, stage lighting, traffic lights , train lights, etc. The versatile quality of these lights has globalized them. Not to mention other benefits such as environmental protection and cost savings. Here are some advantages of LED grow lights:
Advantages of LEDs
• Efficiency – LEDs emit PAR light, or photosynthetically active radiation, providing higher efficiency and better results. When these lights are used to grow plants, they accelerate growth because the wavelengths of light emitted by them are exactly what the plants need. Plants have specific wavelength requirements to carry out the photosynthetic process. Traditional white light bulbs don’t provide those wavelengths, which hinders growth. In addition, incandescent and fluorescent lights hinder plant growth. Incandescent lamps generate more than 80% heat when lit, so they emit heat instead of light. This kind of heat can be detrimental to plants. LED Grow lights produce light of the correct frequency and wavelength. Additionally, the spectrum of red and blue light can be balanced for optimal results.
• Energy Savings – These lights help save energy by 75% or more. This quality also helps reduce earth damage. When lights use less power, they indirectly help protect the environment. The operating cost of these lights is less than half that of HID or other types of lighting systems. They use about 100 watts of power. They also have a long lifespan and operate up to 50 times longer than conventional white lights and lamps. Lifespan is 7 years. It can significantly reduce energy consumption and save natural resources. Indeed, indoor LED grow lights are excellent for home use.
• Less Heat – These lights produce less heat so they do not burn delicate plants and flowers. Because they are warm to the touch and generate little heat, you can grow many different types of flowers and plants under one roof. These lights are great for plants with high humidity requirements. It also produces less heat, so the plants don’t need to be watered as often. Another advantage of this light is that it does not warm the room. This means that you can save energy that will be used by the cooling system to lower the room temperature. These LED planting grow lights operate at temperatures a few degrees above room temperature.
• Zero Noise – This light makes no sound and is completely silent. Unlike the hum of fluorescent lights, this LED light is calming and quiet. They do not make any intrusive or annoying sounds.
• Cycling and On/Off operation – The possibility of burnout is very low compared to fluorescent or HID lamps. Frequent on and off operations, known as cycles, can shorten the life of fluorescent or HID lamps. The latter may take longer to restart. However, LED vegetable grow lights are ideal for objects and applications that need to be turned on and off frequently. What’s more, the light turns on very quickly, within microseconds.
• No external damage or deterioration – These lights are impact resistant and will not go out suddenly. One of the characteristics of this light is its ‘slow breakdown’. The lights do not work by dimming for a period of time and do not turn off suddenly. Also, since they are solid parts, they are fragile like fluorescent or HID lamps. They are not subject to external damage and this is another reason for their long life. LED grow lights do not contain toxic substances such as mercury commonly used in fluorescent lamps.